10 Virgins Young Women Values Skit

Here is a simple skit about the 10 virgins that reiterates the values statements from the Personal Progress book.  I copied the story of the 10 virgins out of New Testament Stories from church distribution.  The only props we used were little glass bottles to represent the oil.

10 Virgins Personal Progress Skit

Narrator:
Jesus told the story of the ten virgins to show us the importance of always being virtuous. Once upon a time, ten young women went to a wedding. They had to wait for the bridegroom to let them in the door. No one knew when the bridegroom would come.

The ten women had lamps that burned oil. Five of the young women brought extra oil for their lamps. The other five had only the oil that was in their lamps.

The bridegroom did not come for a long time. All the oil in the lamps burned out. The five wise young women refilled their lamps. The other five young women had to go buy more oil. While they were gone, the bridegroom came. He let the five wise young women inside to the wedding. By the time the other five returned, the door was shut. They could not go to the wedding.

Jesus told us this story to remind us to be prepared. Jesus is like the bridegroom. The young women are like members of the church. Some members of the church will be ready for Jesus to come. Some won't.

The oil of preparedness and steadiness is accumulated each day through consistent, wise choices. President Kimball taught us that this oil is gained drop by drop, day by day. One little effort to live the gospel will not keep our lamp burning for long. We must be consistent in living the gospel to accumulate oil. Our young women can be like the five wise young women as they live by the teachings in the young women theme. [Here have each young woman receive a drop of oil in her lamp after she recites her value statement.]

Faith: I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, who loves me. I have faith in His eternal plan, which centers on Jesus Christ, my Savior. I show my faith when I pray to Heavenly Father.

Divine Nature: Because I am a daughter of God, I have a divine nature. I inherited divine qualities which I strive to develop.

Individual Worth: I am of infinite worth with my own divine mission, which I will strive to fulfill. I attend church and do the things that will help me feel the Holy Ghost guiding my life.

Knowledge: I will continually seek opportunities for learning and growth. I learn about Heavenly Father's plan for me from the scriptures. I do my best in school.

Choice and Accountability: I will choose good over evil and will accept responsibility for my choices. I set goals so that I will progress.

Good Works: I will help others and build the kingdom through righteous service.

Integrity: I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong.

Virtue: I will prepare to enter the temple and remain pure and worthy. My thoughts and actions will be based on high moral standards.

Narrator: The Young Woman logo is a torch that represents the light of Christ. It invites all young women to hold up the light of Christ by keeping His commandments.

Will the Young Women and their leaders please stand to recite the Young Women theme?


Comments