Book Review: Home Matters

I just finished reading Julie N. Ford's new novella. It was a fun break after a stressful week. This is my first experience reading a novella. I liked it because I'm a person who can't start a book without finishing it almost immediately. And Julie's book only took me a few short hours in the evenings. It was a fun break. And Julie's writing style is fresh. I always come away from her books, feeling like I've been on a little visit to the South.

The book is about an actress, Olivia Pembroke, who's spent the last few years trying to get her big break in Hollywood. She finally gets it when she's cast as the co-host of a popular home improvement show. Only, she isn't as happy in her role as she'd expected. She has to make some big decisions about what's really important to her. She must decide whether her acting dreams are really worth all the sacrifice--and whether the man she's always wanted to date is really the man for her.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. It had some surprising twists and some interesting character development. I would've liked it to be longer, but I'll admit there are definite advantages to reading a short book too.

Comments

  1. I liked it because I'm a person who can't start a book without finishing it almost immediately. And Julie's book only took me a few short hours in the evenings. It was a fun break. And Julie's writing style is fresh. www.containerhomereview.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment