Meet Kathryn Cooper



Today, I'd like you to meet author Kathryn Cooper. She and I have been online friends for a few years, and she's awesome. I think everyone should get to know her. 

Here's our interview:

1. Please tell me about your new book. What inspired you to write it and what's it about?


Aspen Everlasting is the first book I've ever written. My love of Young Adult reads began in college when I took a children's literature class. I read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I fell in love! My passion for reading grew. After a few years I read a trilogy where I didn't like the ending and decided to write my own book! So I did. It took a few years, but I'm happy that I accomplished this huge goal.

Aspen Everlasting is about a sixteen year old girl named Aspen that quickly finds that she has super strength. She goes on an adventure to find out what was happening to her. This is adventure and clean romance.

2. I know you had surgery for a brain tumor a couple years ago. How has that affected your writing? How has it affected your outlook on life? 


I found out I had a brain tumor as I was finishing up a lot of editing from my beta readers and editing friend. I had been working on this book for a few years so when I regained my ability to read I went back to writing. I edited a lot then a month before my surgery I sent it in to agents. After my surgery I found out that I would be going through radiation for 6 weeks then 12 months of chemo. So I sent my book out to publishing companies without an agent. I was so happy to find out Cedar Fort took my book as an eBook. It was a wonderful day.

My outlook on life didn't change it just grew larger. I became closer to God my Heavenly Father, my brother and Savior Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. My love for others grew. I know that every person good or bad are my brothers and sisters. 

3.You live in Texas now, but if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

I was born and raised in Texas so this is where I want to be. I love my Texas country life. I dream to visit Scotland, England, and France.

4.Do you have plans for another book? If so, what is it about?

I keep going back and forth. I'd like to write about what I went through during my brain tumor treatments. I was going to do a YA fiction, then an adult fiction, but now I'm thinking I'll just write the true story. Nonfiction! 

5. I'd like to know a little about your childhood. Where did you grow up, and what were your favorite hobbies as a child?

I grew up in the area of Waco, Texas. In the summer we spent hours every day swimming in our backyard pool. In the fall I loved being in my high school band's colorguard. Go Flags!

6.What are five of your favorite books or authors?



I love too many books to name them! Some authors I love: Janette Rallison, Shannen Crane Cramp, Ally Condie, Ally Carter, Lindsay Cummings, Marissa Meyer.

7.Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?

Go for it! Write when you can. Create a story that you love. Read a TON!

You can learn more about Kathryn at https://kathryncooperwrites.com

Her book is available on Amazon and at select bookstores.

Comments