Barely Hanging on in December



My kids have been having fun messing up the Christmas decorations, and this little wise man hanging by his neck from the mantle seems a little too symbolic.It's the first week of December, and I'm really behind. Sound familiar? This week we've had the flu, I found out my dad's in the hospital, my husband is running around like crazy trying to do his church service, and I've got a birthday party to plan. 

Isn't it crazy how hectic Christmas can be? Especially for those of us who believe in Christ. After all, the Savior was born in a stable. I'm sure he never intended us to celebrate his birth by getting stressed out.

I'd like to think I could do without all the material aspects of Christmas. But that's not always the best idea if you have kids. Luckily, I have Amazon. (If I order today or tomorrow, most things will arrive in plenty of time.) Once I get that done, I'm back to the non-materialistic stuff--playing Christmas music, reading stories, and loving others.

I am grateful for my relationship with Jesus Christ. I have felt the peace that comes from His forgiveness and the joy that comes from following His example. This video sums up my feelings about the gift of His love in my life:





Comments