Reading and Canning at the Same Time


Yep! I am superwoman. I read and can simultaneously. So far this summer, I have pitted about twenty pounds of cherries, made rhubarb-strawberry jam, and canned apricot jam. I listened to audiobooks the whole time. Here's what I've read that I can recommend:

Midnight in Austenland. I liked this one. In my opinion, it was better than Austenland. It was funny, mysterious, and romantic.



I also read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. This book has been out for a while, and I don't know why I've never read it, considering it takes place in Africa and I love all things African. It was the perfect book for audiobook listening--a little slow sometimes, but very interesting.

The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer. I'd never read a book by Georgette Heyer before. (I know--shame on me!) This was my first, and I enjoyed it a lot. Again, this was perfect for an audiobook listen. I think it might have been a little too slow sometimes to be a sit-down read. My husband was with me for the ending, and he is still making fun of it. (Yes, it was a bit cheesy, but the rest of the story wasn't at all. That's what made the ending good.)

What books can you recommend?





Comments

  1. You definitely are!! :) This summer I only canned some Christmas jam and some cherries. But your apricots are delicious! Thank you for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time we had a Book of Mormon challenge, I knocked out a lot of "reading" while canning. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment