40 Date Ideas

My husband and I have had some pretty boring dates lately. Part of that is just because we'd rather sit at home watching a movie, but part of it is that we didn't plan ahead. Sooo, I've decided to plan ahead and make one of those cute Internet Dating Ideas Lists. Here are some of the dates I plan to plan in 2014:


  1. Visit a historic cemetery near our home
  2. Go cross country skiing or snow shoeing
  3. Visit the local cathedral
  4. Bake bread
  5. Make Altoids emergency kits
  6. Find "our" poem
  7. Run at the indoor track
  8. Eat at an Indian restaurant
  9. Take a tripod to a garden and pose for pictures
  10. Learn to make tamales
  11. Bake cookies and doorbell ditch them on neighbors' front porches
  12. Make a list of goals we want to accomplish together (long and short range)
  13. Do a home repair
  14. Watch a drive-in movie
  15. Sort family pictures and/or find ways to display them
  16. Plan our next anniversary getaway
  17. Make up a new recipe for homemade icecream
  18. Interview an older family member on video
  19. Leave kind notes for an elderly neighbor or bring her flowers
  20. Eat at a Brazilian restaurant
  21. Have a water fight
  22. Destroy something with a sledgehammer (my husband's idea)
  23. Go birdwatching to see the eagles who winter near our home
  24. Walk at the mall
  25. Beat up on my sons' heavy bag and jump on a mini trampoline
  26. Explore a new bike trail
  27. Watch one of these movies: "The Bells of St. Mary's," "The Young Victoria," or "Redemption: For Robbing the Dead."
  28. Go see a comedian or watch a Brian Regan dvd.
  29. Attend a filming of one of our favorite shows.
  30. Walk through IKEA
  31. Have a campfire with s'mores
  32. Visit an art museum
  33. Go sledding
  34. Visit the planetarium
  35. Make a playlist of songs we both love
  36. Do a puzzle
  37. Have a dinner party with friends
  38. Refinish or paint a piece of furniture
  39. See a local band play
  40. Go hiking
  41. Chaperone a school dance


Comments

  1. What a great list! I will steal a few of your ideas :) Walking through IKEA is one of my/our favorite dates :) And I really like Star of India downtown for some yummy Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Bombay House, but I haven' t tried the one near us.

      Delete
  2. #13 is not a date, its a chore! Love some of the others - eagles, bread, cookies on doorsteps and going out to dinner or other places. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True about #13. That one was also my husband' s idea. I should veto it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not comment on this? I had a good laugh over sledgehammering something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment