What I've Been Reading

I love to read, and thanks to audiobooks, I can do it while I'm driving and cleaning. Last September, I started a new policy that if I see or hear an f-word or any similar word within the first two chapters, I stop reading it. Not only do I not want my kids to hear that kind of language in our home, I don't want to hear it in my home. So I can guarantee that all the books on my list are much cleaner than average. Here are some of my favorites:



Sprig Muslin by Georgette Hyer
This one's a fun Regency with tons of twists and turns.




A Heart Revealed by Josi Kilpack
I loved the characters in this book. I couldn't put it down and thought about it long after it ended. It's a more serious, thought-provoking Regency.



The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
I just finished the third book in this series. Not only is the world original and entertaining, I can never predict what's going to happen next.



A Most Inconvenient Marriage by Regina Jennings
This is a light, Christian historical read that takes place after the Civil War.



North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
I watched this movie a few years ago and just didn't understand why everyone loved it so much. But I took my friends' advice and read the book. Now I get it. It's a little more serious than Pride and Prejudice, but it will make you feel all those kinds of emotions in a new way.

Comments