My Favorite Books

Today, I thought I'd share some of my favorite books. I took a picture of them in the photo. In case you can't read the titles, here they are from top to bottom:

  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It took me two years to read the unabridged version, and it was worth it. (That was when I had three little kids under the age of five.) I'd recommend an abridged version. It was so much better than the movie.
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I read this as a teenager and re-read it a few years ago on a day when I had the flu. It was just as good as I remembered.
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Of course.
  • The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie's family hid Jews during the Holocaust and went to a concentration camp because of it. I love her Christian perspective on love, forgiveness, and gratitude.
  • Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Of course.
  • Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My mom read this book to my brother and me when we were very young. I love all the versions--TV, picture books, and Christmas stories.
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen. I like it even better than Pride and Prejudice.
  • My Antonia by Willa Cather. This one is hands down the most enjoyable book I read during my undergraduate years as an English Major. I also love The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, but my copy is in a big fat anthology.
  • Christy by Catherine Marshall. This is the story of a young woman who leaves her cultured life to teach school in the Appalachian Mountains. I love it.
  • I should also add that I consumed a steady diet of L.M. Montgomery books during my teen years. I love Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon.
What is your favorite book or books?

Comments